Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A letter to Avery | 2 months old

Well, little bird, you are 2 months old! I can't believe it! Where is the time going?! It seems like yesterday that we were in the hospital getting ready to meet you!



My baby girl is getting so big. You are 11 pounds and 11 ounces and 23 and 3/4 inches. You are in the 96th percentile for height and 66th percentile for weight! It seems like you may be taking after your daddy in the height department. :) You had to get 2 shots and I cried like a baby when you started crying! The doctor said you are doing so good and are right on track! She also said you have awesome head control and that it is unusual for a 2 month old to have head control as good as you.

We think your eyes are going to stay blue because they seem to be getting bluer every day. Your hair is still dirty blonde and your eyelashes are getting longer and darker. You have the sweetest little face and I can't get enough of it.  Just looking at your face makes everything a whole lot brighter.

After you eat, one of my favorite things to do is to put you up on my shoulder so I can burp you, and I absolutely love feeling your cheek against mine. After your belly is full, you mash your lips together like a duck. It is the cutest face! You also make that face when you stretch! You also have the cutest "milk drunk" face after you eat.


You are starting to smile a lot more now. Your daddy and I make all sorts of funny sounds to get you to smile! You have the sweetest smile and I just can't get enough of it. You start to get excited when we talk to you and start to smile, kick those legs and squeal! We love that, that is your reaction to us, little bird! 




You are the best snuggler! I love to hold you against me and just snuggle away. I'll miss those sweet snuggles one day so I am soaking them up while I can.



You love to lay on your play mat and look at lights and kick your little legs. You don't enjoy tummy time too much yet, but you love to lay on our chests and lift your head up. Of course, we always have a huge spot of your saliva on us because you love to lick us when you are on our chests. :) You lift your head up longer and longer every day! Before we know it you will be sitting up! You especially love to look at the picture wall behind our bed and any kind of light! You are also gripping things now and tracking things with your eyes. You still get the hiccups at least once a day and you are starting to really hate them! After every hiccup, you make an irritated sound. 

I am starting to get things together to make you a shadow box of your first few days. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. I hope you like sentimental stuff like your momma! I have also made you a bow holder to go in your room to hold the tons of bows I have bought you!

You giggled for the first time when you were 7 weeks old (almost 8)! I was wiping your face with a warm washcloth and you giggled!! It was THE cutest thing I have ever heard! You are "talking" so much now and you make the sweetest little sounds!

You still love bath time!  You don't ever cry (which I still can't believe!) When I squeeze the rag out on your belly, you open your mouth to the side every time. You must love it! A few times you have been kicking your legs and one of your legs will fall in the water and you'll stop kicking and leave it there! I can't wait to get you in a pool this summer because I'm sure you will love it.

I have started to play music for you when are getting fussy and I have realized you are definitely going to love music like your mommy and daddy because you stop crying every time! You especially love Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. You have slept a few 5 hour stretches at night now and you are eating about every 3 hours during the day. You are a really good napper so I hope that means you'll get your sleep habits from me!

Keep growing big and strong our sweet girl! This world has so much to offer you and we will be by your side, loving you, every step of the way. Being your parents have been the best thing we've ever done! Our world has been completely rocked by you, little one. What did we ever do without you in our lives?! We love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment