Friday, December 26, 2014

a letter to avery | 6 weeks old



6 weeks old | December 26th, 2014


Our sweet Avery! I can't believe you have already been here with us for 6 weeks! Time is flying (just like people said it would) and we wish it would slow down a little bit. I am trying to capture every single moment I can on video and my camera so I don't forget one thing about these sweet early weeks of your life. I try to cuddle with you as much as I can because I know soon you will be crawling all over the place!

You are the sweetest baby! You are starting to "talk" more and you have the sweetest little voice. You are starting to smile at us which we absolutely love and you love to look around at your surroundings...especially lights. You love to just stretch out and kick those long legs! We have so many videos of you just kicking away! One thing we have been so tickled about is that you love to turn yourself completely sideways in the snuggle nest that you sleep in. It is the funniest thing! You are also trying your best to hold your head up. Your cousin Lawson has just about mastered it, but we think because your head is bigger (72nd percentile), it is taking you a little longer!

At your one month check up, you weighed 9lbs and 1oz (37th percentile) and were 22 inches long (88th percentile). You are going to be so tall little bird!! You are starting to wear your 0-3 month clothes which is bittersweet for Momma! I may be in denial a little bit because I put a newborn onesie on you yesterday and the sleeves were 3/4 length on you. :) You are getting so big! 

Oh, we all just love you to pieces and are so thankful for you! We can't wait to keep watching you grow big and strong little bird!







No comments:

Post a Comment