Wednesday, March 23, 2016

a letter to emery | three months old

THREE months old?! How is that even possible?



First, I want to let you know how GOOD of a baby you are. You must have known how much mom would need that. You are so, so good for us! You whine very little and that can be fixed with some milk or sitting you up so you can see. You are a "go with the flow" baby I can already tell! You let me drag you everywhere and anywhere while I chase your sister and you have no idea how thankful I am for a baby like you. When I put you in the baby carrier, you literally don't make a peep because you are so busy checking everything out and you also don't mind the carseat or the stroller thankfully!

You are a chunk of a thing! You are wearing 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers! You are probably close to 15 pounds by now and boy, do i love it! You are exclusively drinking breast milk so I love that you are so chunky! :) Your leg rolls are my favorite!

You are on the verge of rolling over! You will squirm around on your mat until you are on the opposite side that i put you on. You move so much so I know it is coming! You try to sit up every time I put you in your bouncer or swing so strapping you in is a must! I try to lay you on the floor as much as I can, but with your crazy sister, I have to be very close by! (she loves to sling things all around you and force paci's in your mouth)

You are sleeping 5 hours are night which is heaven for us! You have done one 8 hour stretch and I couldn't believe it! I woke up quite panicked! You are doing longer 'wake" stretches during the day so I think that is helping you sleep at night.

You have the softest little voice and you coo so sweetly. Oh, I love that sweet sound. You are the smiling-est baby! You smile so, so much and I got the pleasure of hearing your sweet laugh recently. (thanks to aunt ash kissing your neck) There's nothing better sounding to your momma than hearing her babies laugh!

You still have the darkest hair and I've heard a few people say that they think your eyes are lightening up. Guess we will see! Your hair still has a curl to it and it is so pretty. A lot of people think you look like me...it must be all that dark hair!

You love to put her fingers in your mouth and you actually accidentally gag yourself a lot. I will look over at you and your face will be red and your eyes will be watering, but your hand will still be in your mouth. You have red spots on your fingers because of how much you suck on your hands.

"Momma loves you soooo much" (in my english accent I do) :)
You, my love, are so precious to us! I am so excited to continue to watch you grow! I am so thankful to God that I get to be your momma and that you are mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment